The iPhone doesn't ask as always-on internet access is one of the key
features. This is the same for Android so I would not expect any kind
of popup. You probably can allow it to roam or not but that's it. The
emulator control allows you to play with all these settings (data
connection available / not available / roaming etc). Just rely on what
happens in the emulator, that should do it.