Hello all,

I'm trying to set screen orientation from code. I couldn't find any
leads so I went digging and found Surface.SetOrientation. Trying to
use it gave a permissions error referring to
android.permission.ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER, so I added:

<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER"></uses-
permission>

To my manifest.

However now I get:

WARN/PackageManager(51): Not granting permission
android.permission.ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER to package
com.flatfeetpete.androidhello (protectionLevel=2 flags=0x44).

When the app starts, and then the same error.

Is there an easier way to change the orientation from code? It seems
like an odd thing to need permission for if I'm running my own app.