So, I added the following intent to my app to share images captured.

                        Intent i=new
Intent(android.content.Intent.ACTION_SEND);

i.setDataAndType(Uri.parse(sharedfilename),"image/jpeg");
                        i.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_SUBJECT, "Check out
this picture from SquirrelCam");
                        i.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_TEXT,"Taken with
SquirrelCam for Android");
                        i.putExtra(Intent.EXTRA_STREAM,
Uri.parse(sharedfilename));
                        startActivity(Intent.createChooser(i, "Share
Image"));

It works as expected when using the intent to launch gmail/picassa/
picsay/messenger but the image does not seem to attach it self when I
choose the Buzz of Twitter app from the share menu that pops up.  I.e.
those two apps launch just with the text and not the image attached.

Any idea what I am missing to have this intent launch buzz/twitter
with the image attached?