I've created a complex application that uses SQLite and would like to
give the user an option to install a very simple widget on the
homescreen (just a number taken from the database).

Do I have to create a new .apk just for the widget? I've tried to cut-
and-paste the WordWidget example but it takes over the application
(does nothing when started) and after installing the widget any click
on it gives an exception "View not attached to window manager". If I
have to create a new .apk just for the widget, will it be able to
access directly the databases from my "main" application?

Thanks in advance!