Typically you would change some variable or model object in your
program onLocationChanged, invalidate some view you are showing, that
will cause the view's onDraw method to be called, then you would draw
to the Canvas provided to you in that method of the view:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/View.html#onDraw%28android.graphics.Canvas%29

Just drawing to a bitmap backed Canvas instance that you create on
your own won't do anything. That's just creating an internal buffer if
you never draw the bitmap to anything later.