    [setup] API level: 8

>From here:
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/reference/android/view/ViewGroup.html#onRequestFocusInDescendants%28int,%20android.graphics.Rect%29

The documentation says that direction should be one of:  FOCUS_UP,
FOCUS_DOWN, FOCUS_LEFT, and FOCUS_RIGHT.

>From here:
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/reference/android/view/View.html#FOCUS_FORWARD.

The doc says that FOCUS_FORWARD is a value to be used with 'focusSearch(int)'.

And from here:
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/reference/android/view/View.html#focusSearch%28int%29

The doc says that direction should be one of: FOCUS_UP, FOCUS_DOWN,
FOCUS_LEFT, and FOCUS_RIGHT.

I needed to extend Gallery as it seems to manage absolutly BAD the
focus on the selected view. When I was overriding:

'onRequestFocusInDescendants(int direction, Rect  previouslyFocusedRect)'

I made a debug to see which value was 'direction'. It was 2
(FOCUS_FORWARD). I was NOT calling requestFocus(int, Rect), so the
view system was. After that, I made a 'focusSearch(FOCUS_FORWARD)'
from a View and I get an illegal argument exception.

Any ideas where that '2' came in? And why the doc says that
FOCUS_FORWARD is to be used in focusSearch() in the constant details
but in the method description says no.

Best regards,
--
If you want freedom, compile the source.

Sebastián Treu
http://labombiya.com.ar