I'm new to Android and Java but working my way through the demos.  On
my computer the emulator is hopelessly slow so I want to get a used
phone to develop on.  I'm looking at a G1, but before I buy one from
ebay I thought I'd ask here and see what others are using.  This will
be strictly a development platform, although I may put my AT&T SIM in
it on occasion if I need to test telephony functions.  If you use
something other than your personal phone for developing android apps
on, what is it and why did you choose it?

Is anyone using a beagle board or other non Android hardware to
develop Android apps?

I didn't see much discussion of hardware platforms in the archives so
my apologies in advance if this is't the right group.

thanks,
--steve