Can you give an example? If you are detecting non-digits, perhaps they
are dashes "-" separating the identifier components?

Be careful when making assumptions on this value as not all Android
devices are phones, and as far as I'm aware manufacturers could
potentially pass anything back from a getDeviceId() call. Same goes
for other functions, such as getLine1Number(), etc.