I'm wandering through the interwebs and the discussion boards looking
for a way to input numeric text only without having to flip open the
keyboard.

I've fumbled my way across several options, including the
NumberKeyListener, the DigitsKeyListener and the DialerKeyListener.
These are all helpful and everything, but what I've been hoping for is
for some kind of dialer-ish input widget.

Scanning the android jar file, I can see that there is a
"number_picker.xml" and a "number_picker_edit.xml", (in the res.layout
section) but I don't see a way of accessing these UI nuggets.

Am I missing something in particular? I can write my own numeric
widget if there is none available, but I'd feel really stupid writing
one if there is already one in the android jar.

Thanks in advance.