Unfortunately, I'm not going to do this anytime soon; the tradeoff is
clearly not worth it within the domain of just my company and our
apps.

Nor am I likely to persuade you that it's worthwhile; nor you to
persuade me. The arguments over static analysis tools are religious
and, even after thirty-five years, people are still arguing the pros
and cons of lint, in the C world.

So, really no more to say on this thread.
But, I do hope that some toolmeister inside Google sees this thread
and picks up the gauntlet someday.

David