I assume, that you must explain a little bit more, what are you trying
to do :

For me it sounds, that you would like to  attach an external usb
storage to your andorid device, right ?
What kind of device is it ?

BTW .. it think android-platform is better group for such questions,
as a "normal" developer has no
chance to change vold.conf.

Good luck !

  Frank