On 27/07/10 07:34, FrankG wrote:
[...]
> When I read your email it sounds for me that you are able to adapt
> the email app on your platform.

No. I'm looking at the email app source code to try and figure out how
this whole area works, as it's largely undocumented. I don't have the
ability to modify it.

> If no, then the whole discussion makes no sense in my eyes because you
> have no choice anyway ?

I have no choice but I don't know what the choice is! Hence my message.

My requirements are pretty straightforward requirement --- I wish to
send a message with an attachment; the attachment data is generated by
code; I don't want to write the data to a temporary file because the
email app doesn't tell me when it's finished with the file; how can I do
this?

│
│ life←{ ↑1 ⍵∨.^3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⌽⊂⍵ }
│ --- Conway's Game Of Life, in one line of APL