I would like to have a Preferences activity that has icons like the
system settings has had since Eclair.
It uses a special Preference called IconPreferenceScreen. Link:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/apps/Settings.git;a=blob;f=src/com/android/settings/IconPreferenceScreen.java

I can copy that into my project without problem, but I'd like the
behavior of the PreferenceScreen instead of just the Preference Class.
I could like to click on it to show its children Preferences.
I thought it would be a easy to change to make IconPreferenceScreen
extend PreferenceScreen instead of Preference, but PreferenceScreen is
Final.

Why on earth would google make PreferenceScreen a final class?
Is there anyway to achieve what I would like to do, short of dividing
up my Preference into several other Preferences that all receive
intents (That's how the system settings works.)

Thanks for the help,
David Shellabarger
http://www.nightshadelabs.com