For some reason I'm not able to connect to my G1 android device using
windows xp. I can connect fine with linux (ubuntu), however when
connecting to a windows machine I receive "USB Device not recognized".

I've looked at the documentation here;
http://code.google.com/android/intro/develop-and-debug.html#developingondevicehardware

And followed it to no avail. I've also tried specifically selecting
the "android_usb.inf" file when searching for drivers however it says
it is not the correct hardware. I have this occuring on two windows xp
machines.

Has anyone gotten this to work on their windows XP machine? I know
someone running vista that it worked for, though I don't see THAT
being the problem. Any come across an error like this and happen to
know a fix?