The 2010 Google I/O app had that dashboard look similar to the Twitter
and Facebook apps.

Screenshot:
http://www.androidcentral.com/official-google-io-android-app-now-available

http://code.google.com/p/iosched/source/browse/trunk/res/layout/activity_home.xml

I copied that for some of my apps but swapped out "android:onClick"
since that doesn't work on 1.5.

-seni