Hey, that did it! I set the the mime type to 'message/rfc822' and it
worked right away. Brings up the default mail application with the
fields that I specified populated.

I had been trying to send it with a mime of text/plain and text/html.
I thought that by specifying an EXTRA_EMAIL it would fire the right
broadcast receivers, but I guess the mime type is what counts.

Thanks again!