On 08/03/2010 06:31 PM, Dianne Hackborn wrote:
I would really like to know why people want to know they are running
with Sense UI.  Is it just for notifications?  Are there other things?

We really don't want apps to be dealing with this stuff.

Personally, I would very much like to agree.

However, speaking on behalf of my Swedish users it would seem that there is a significant portion (you may call them misinformed) that want my application to look like "the standard applications" which for a significant portion is Sense (Desire and Hero sell like mad around here).

My interpretation is that they are used to phones (say Nokia) where a globally selected theme is applied to just about everything but games. A number of users have very boldly stated that they withhold one star until this "bug is fixed".

As there (currently) is nothing like that, it is somewhat tempting to explicitly alter the UI for a few of the most common styles around. I've personally elected not to do that so far, but I can understand why some might.

                        Best / Jonas