I'll have to explicitly 100% agree with Bob here:

Until around mid May I was using the previous model MacBookPro with 4GB dual core (and Ubuntu) for my Android development and after a fair amount of tweaking I could barely run Eclipse for a week.

After switching to the new MacBookPro with 8GB and quad core, Eclipse is no longer a real issue. Sure an SSD would be nice, but no deal breaker (not enough to pay more for a smaller disk).

                Good luck / Jonas