Hi,

So I've just published my first paid app to the Market and I used the
new LVL with the default ServerManagedPolicy.

On working through the docs and getting it set up I noted the
references to the server response extras VT, GT, GR & UT, and the
impression I got from quotes such as "a typical value would be 5 or
more days.", "a typical value would be "10" or higher." etc was that
we would have some way of setting these server response values per app
when we upload them to the Market.

Either I'm missing something, or there does not seem to be a way to
set these in the Developer Console that I can see?

If we can't set these, it's not really a 'managed' policy at all, but
a random 'whatever the server decides to respond with' policy,
particularly given the vagueness of the documentation.

I really hate phone home licensing, and am only using it because it
seems to be the only option to combat Android piracy. Ideally I want
to just check once when the app is first launched, once a day or two
later to check they didn't return it, then cache that for 6 months
(forever?) to minimize disruption to my users. Is this kind of thing
possible with the ServerManagedPolicy or do I have the wrong end of
the stick about the 'management' features and have to roll my own?

On a side note, if I can't buy my own app, how can I test my licensing
is working in the wild? I got several 'NOT_LICENSED' responses in
testing even when I set it to return 'LICENSED' in the console, so I'm
not 100% convinced of its stability and want to actually see how well
it works outside the testing environment, but apparently can't buy my
own app to do so!

Cheers,