Thanks for this workaround that shoud be acceptable for my application which
is useful only france!
I fear this kind of bug has few chances to be fixed in htc desire firmware
as updates are rare and monolythics.
Thierry.

Le 5 août 2010 14:16, "{ Devdroid }" <webnet.andr...@gmail.com> a écrit :

On 3 August 2010 13:30, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
>> We got same problem on Desir...
Code is is quite simple.

Date date = ....

SimpleDateFormat formatter = new SimpleDateFormat();

formatter.applyLocalizedPattern( "EEEE" );
DDDD = formatter.format( date );

the issue is with EEEE, EEE, MMMM and MMM (in general all localised)

But what I now spotted, that this code no longer works on 1.5
emulator, even it worked yesterday. Quite impressive - we will
investigate the culprit.

Work around is simple, just instance SimpleDateFormat with specified
locale (i.e. SimpleDateFomat("", Locale.xxxx) but this is not what
shall be done in the first place. Anyone else facing this?