Hey.

My app has a WebView which displays Google maps. I'm trying to limit
the cache size to a reasonable one - like 2MB. After checking with
settings->applications->manage applications I found out that regular
page load gets the cache to 900kb. And dispite my efforts, I can't
limit the cache size or monitor when the cache limit is being reached.
If I'm playing with the map on the webview, the app can even reach
10MB and no "ache max size reached" message is received.

I used the following code:

_webView.getSettings().setAppCacheMaxSize(2100000); //2MB
_webView.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient(){
                        @Override
                        public void onReachedMaxAppCacheSize (long spaceNeeded,
long
totalUsedQuota, android.webkit.WebStorage.QuotaUpdater quotaUpdater){
                                Log.i(getClass().getName(), "App cache max size
reached");
                        }
                });

and a breakpoint inside onReachedMaxAppCacheSize.

Device is Nexus One.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way to control the cache?