That's because wifi is symmetric. Same speed in both directions.

It's likely in many cases that there's an asymmetric link in the route
-- certainly HIGHLY likely that there will be something slower. Wifi
is unlikely to be your slowest link, so I really don't see any value
in checking this.

Even if you know you'll be talking to a server on the local network,
wifi is fast enough that even the slowest versions aren't likely to
make a big difference for anything but bulk data transfer, or
situations requiring low latency.