I found this warning occurred when I tried to load a resource that
wasn't available for the current configuration. In other words, a
resource which exists in some subdir of /res, but not one which is
applicable to the runtime environment.

In my case, it was a locale-specific string resource which didn't have
a default value, only a localized value which didn't apply to the
current runtime locale. For the OP, I could imagine it was because he
didn't have a default drawable; he only had -hdpi and -mdpi versions,
neither of which Cupcake knows about.

Does that explanation make sense? :^)

String