You can probably build Android under Linux running inside a virtual machine hosted on Windows.

There are free ones out there, for example Virtual Box - http://www.virtualbox.org

Might also subscribe to this Google group:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting

-- Kosyta

13.08.2010 19:59, Tony Gonzalez ?????:
I thought about step 1 :-) but I'll continue with my research and if I have to get a mac/linux box that's what I'll have to do. Thanks