Just put the JUnit 4 jar before the Android jar in the classpath. This
will hide the JUnit 3 classes. Note that you must not use any Android
classes in your test! You will get "Stub!" exceptions if you do. If
you need a few basic Android classes in your tests (like Intent and
Bundle), add simple replacements to your test folder.

Try to separate testing "close to Android" with the Android testing
framework (JUnit 3 based), and core logic without Android framework
dependencies (using JUnit 4) and you're good to go..

Cheers,

tfdj