I want to get the display as dark as possible but I also want the
display to remain touch sensitive.

So I can't turn the display off, otherwise it wouldn't react to touch
anymore. And I use WindowManager.LayoutParams.screenBrightness to get
the screen as dark as possible. And I put a layer colored black over
the entire display. That works, but at night one sees that the screen
is still quite strongly illuminated.

Does anybody have an idea of how to get the screen even darker?

thanks,
Martin