On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Carl Whalley
<carl.whal...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Might be throwing in a food-for-thought curveball here but I wonder
> if there's a difference between updating an app that's running and one which
> isn't?

Might be. It's only a handful of people (well, more than a handful for me)
but still few in comparison to the total install base, so there's definitely
something they're doing that's triggering the problem.

I would think the update process would kill the app if it's running, but
maybe not.

Also, got confirmation from the second person that clearing the data solved
the problem.