The Android instrumentation-based testing framework focuses on unit
testing and component-level functional testing. It's not meant to be a
full multi-application test system. You can't test an activity and the
content provider it uses in the same test case, nor can you test what
happens when the user goes out of one application to change a global
setting and then returns to the same application.

To get around these limitations, you have to write your own test
system.

A.

For example, it's not possible to test two different components (or
their interaction in a single