Any suggestions on why I am getting the "false" reading --> in the
xml , set the button propert android:clickable"   as true,

 anyone
can suggest on how to place the results in a TextView via a button
click, that would be appreciated.

as i can c u have the listener to the button,
on click
can u be specific what exact result u need?
wether u need to change the text... etc.
u can use
tv.XXXXXXX specifically to change the required properties