Really if u think about it its not strange! the rolling of a trackball
is not like an up down event! However what u could do is detect the
interval between scrolls and if the user hasent rolled in a set amount
of time fire off ur sound! Otherwise your sound would just keep
getting hit if the user rolls a little stops and rolls some more which
is commonplace for trackballs. Hope that makes sense...