>Yes, its extremely frustrating ..

> I hate it when business models restrict innovation.

I've moved from frustration to resignation now. Personally, I feel
that Google has been, and still is, one of the most significant
driving forces behind innovation in IT today. Things to some extent go
where Google takes us, and it was generally the open inclusive nature
of Google and Android that brought us to the table - hoping for a few
scraps;).

But reality at some point has to take over.

Developers in Australia (  others in places such as Canada, Ireland
and many countries too numerous to name but worthy to mention) are
simply not part of Googles business plan ATM.

Essentially, there has been no new countries added to the list for
some time. Links like this

http://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=143779

only add to the confusion.

I suppose I've been made to feel a bit like Marie in the film "When
Harry Met Sally"

Marie, Sallys' friend is having an affair for years with a married man
who is always promising to leave his wife.

Marie: I don't think he's ever going to leave her.
Sally: I know he's never going to leave her.
Marie: You're right, you're right. I know you're right.

Lets be honest with ourselves.

Developers in countries not already enabled for paid  apps are not a
priority for Google - despite the promises.

With PayPal coming, it might be happening (although let's not hold our
breath).

But I doubt GoogleCheckout is happening - or it would have already.
It's GoogleCheckout that demonstrates Googles commitment. At the risk
of sounding very full of myself....

I'm right, I'm right.

You know I'm right. ;)