Yes, do remember to check, as the consequence could be serious for
your users:

http://nubinewsblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-fix-download-error.html

In the worst case (at least on Froyo), the user would "fail to
download" the older version of my app, but does not press "cancel
download" button.

Then, if he tries to download the new version, his Android market will
be permanently stuck. Any time he tries to download *any* app, he will
get tons of errors about "failed to download" of my app, and he cannot
download *any* app.

The only solution seems to Settings -> "Manager Apps" -> Market ->
Clear Data.

This kind of sucks, as I always had the highest regard for the Android
Market app and server (despite the complete lack of support and
mysterious rating/stats ...).