I've posted with no help, please help me out.  I am trying to figure
out how to get the GPS location of my device.  However, when I use the
code below (see "CODE TO GET LOCATION") my Android application
crashes.  I am developing on the G1 phone.  If I change the provider
to "network" instead of "gps", it works perfectly fine.  Here is the
code I am using:

** ANDROID MANIFEST PERMISSIONS **
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_GPS" />
<uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission
android:name="android:permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />

** CODE TO GET LOCATION **
LocationManager lM = (LocationManager)
getSystemService(Context.LOCATION_SERVICE);
LocationProvider lP = lM.getProvider("gps");
Location loc = lM.getLastKnownLocation(lP.getName());

Do I have to somehow tell the GPS to try to get a fix?  If so, how do
I go about that?