I want to implement a custom ViewGroup which looks like 3 horizontal
"train tracks", red, blue and green tracks, parallel to each other.
And each of the tracks can carry one or more "compartments".

Each compartment can be a red, blue or a green compartment, has a
different size and can be positioned anywhere on the corresponding
tracks. Fling on the screen must move the the tracks together either
way. The user should also be able to pinch and zoom on the screen.

TrainTracks extends Vertical_LinearLayout
{
    Horizontal_LinearLayout red;
    Horizontal_LinearLayout red;
    Horizontal_LinearLayout red;

    public void addCompartment(int whichTrack, Comparment C);

    public void addVoid(int whichTrack, int voidLength);
}

Compartment extends View
{
}

Does this sound like a good design? Should I checkout using a
SurfaceView especially given that flings and pinch-zoom should be
supported?

Thanks in advance