Hello,

While perusing the source code, came across a shell function that
envsetup.sh defines called "runhat". Judging by the parameters, etc.,
to this function, it allows one to get a heap-dump for a given
application. This dump can then be analyzed by the tools "hat" and
"jhat".

Has anyone had any luck running these tools? I tried earlier today and
consistently get an error message

Started HTTP server on port 7000
Reading from /tmp/t.hat...
java.io.IOException: Version string not recognized at byte 17
        at hat.parser.HprofReader.readVersionHeader(HprofReader.java:325)
        at hat.parser.HprofReader.read(HprofReader.java:169)
        at hat.parser.Reader.readFile(Reader.java:90)
        at hat.Main.main(Main.java:149)

I have tried jhat (built into Java SE 6.0) as well as hat (downloaded
from https://hat.dev.java.net/). Both versions get the same error.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
DS.