Or you can simply call finish() in your activity B. This will close activity
B and will bring back the "old" activity A.

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Revathi K J Ramanan <
revathiramana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two activities.A and B.
> A starts B.Both are running in the screen and both are visible. Say
> now B is visible.
>
> On a special key press, I want to bring the A to the front and make it
> active.
> The problem I am facing is when the special key is pressed, another
> instance of A is launched and the new instance is brought to the
> front.
>
> But I want the original A to come to the front. I want to make this
> change in the framework layer rather than application specific by
> using the singleInstance theme in the launchMode in AndroidManifest
> file.
>
> Please help me in this regard as this is really urgent for me.
> Any inputs will be really valuable for me.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Revathi K J Ramanan

YuviDroid
Check out Launch-X <http://android.yuvalsharon.net/launchx.php> (a widget to
quickly access your favorite apps and contacts!)
http://android.yuvalsharon.net