How many root certificates do you need these days? Unless origin
servers are using mom-and-pop CAs instead of real ones, six root certs
should cover all serious vendor sites. At least such was the case when
I last confronted this issue just a few years ago.

Now I realize that developers often use self-signed certs, but I never
trust those for real secure servers. Neither should anyone else.