If your widget is too large, check these:

- Android UI guidelines has standard widget sizes, as well as shows the grid on which widgets are laid out:

http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/widget_design.html#sizes

- Check your <appwidget-provider> XML file (usually res/xml/widget_info.xml), specifically, android:minWidth and android:minHeight. I use 70dp and 72dp for these, but my widgets are a little larger than the standard ones (trying to match HTC Sense), although they still fit the standard grid.

- Check the widget's layout file, specifically, its width and height. If necessary, specify explicit width and height to match the <appwidget-provider> and a solid background color to see which elements of your widget layout do not fit.

-- Kostya