10.09.2010 18:46, Pent пишет:
(the usual rule with a mount point that has not
>  been mounted).
The usual rule where ? Default linux it should be an empty directory.

So any solution to this is going to be extremely messy in other words.

In any case thanks for course for the info.

Pent
I believe so.

Just because some directory (e.g. /sdcard/sd) is listed in /etc/fstab (or whatever file Android uses) as a directory where something might be mounted in the future, doesn't mean that until then, this directory can't have any content.

Mounting a device at a directory location hides whatever was in that directory before (in the parent file system).

What I actually saw is that My Backup Pro writes its data to /sdcard/sd/rerware/....., even though I don't have an external memory card in this phone.

--
Kostya Vasilyev -- WiFi Manager + pretty widget -- http://kmansoft.wordpress.com