thank you for the quick reply. I see the same dimension changes more
often in HTC sense that others. The rating bar seems more compact in
HTC sense than in stock skin or Samsung skin.
Just to note, sometimes even if the dimensions of the widget don't
change, the widget view appears "cropped", i.e. missing a few pixels
from the start or end of it, depending on the padding/margin. I've
only noticed this on the rating bar which appears to have certain bugs
(based on other forums I've read).