On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 9:13 PM, milind <mili...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had neither in the old code.  Probably a tightening of specs in
> 2.1.  I do wonder what the permission group does.  I thought that I
> saw that in some old post and used it.  Seems like the correct one
> since I assumed it would allow me to read/write/rename/delete files on
> the external storage.

There is no <uses-permission-group> tag.  Permissions are just for declaring
permissions, for help in displaying them to the user.

> Another related question is that the Vibrant has 16 GB as "internal"
> storage.  But that's where the /sdcard directory is.  There is also
> another replaceable 2GB MicroSD slot.  If I want to write to that
> drive, how do I access it and does Android consider that as external
> storage as well?

The Android SDK currently only supports one "external" storage, which for
devices with both internal media mountable for USB mass storage and an SD
card should be the internal media.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer