Hi,

I am trying to do 2 things with monkey

1. Execute a script with a command like

adb shell monkey -p MY_PACKAGE --setup scriptfile -f /sdcard/
mon_script1.txt 1

where mon_script.txt contains a few touch commands. After I execute
this, I see nothing happening on the screen. It even does not give me
the "Number of events injected message".
I have verified that my touch co-ordinates fall over actual UI
elements.

This is the script file I am using

tap 79 29
tap 100 100
tap 200 200
tap 300 300
quit

2. Execute Monkey Network control to type commands individually.
I start up monkey to listen to a port and use PuTTY to send commands.
I get "OK" return messages, but nothing happens on the screen.

Whenever I use monkey in the random mode, I see interaction on the
screen.
But I need to get one of the above 2 methods to work.
I have seen the sources of monkey and nothing seems to be wrong.
Has anyone used monkey in the above described way? If so, please tell
me what I am doing wrong.

Cheers,
Earlence