Hi,

I have set up a project to use C2DM and am having trouble getting the
registration process working.  I have the project debugging on the emulator so
I can run Wireshark on my development computer to see the packets. It appears
there is traffic between the emulator and Google's servers, but I can't tell
what is coming back (it's all in https).

I think I have the manifest set up correctly for the BroadcastReceiver although
I am not seeing anything come through (I have breakpoints in the
BroadcastReceiver).

I have the service configured:
        <service android:name=".XXC2DMBroadcastReceiver" />

and the permissions and receiver:
        <permission
                android:name="xxx.permission.C2D_MESSAGE"
                android:protectionLevel="signature" />
        <uses-permission
                android:name="xxx.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" />

        <!-- This app has permission to register and receive message -->
        <uses-permission
android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE" />

        <!-- Send the registration id to the server -->
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
        <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"/>

        <!--
                Only C2DM servers can send messages for the app. If permission
is not
                set - any other app can generate it
        -->
        <receiver android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.C2DMBroadcastReceiver"
                android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND">
                <!-- Receive the actual message -->
                <intent-filter>
                        <action
android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE" />
                        <category android:name="xxx" />
                </intent-filter>
                <!-- Receive the registration id -->
                <intent-filter>
                        <action
android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTRATION" />
                        <category android:name="xxx" />
                </intent-filter>
        </receiver>

        <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="8" />

As an aside I have set up the account with Google for the service and have an
Auth key.

Does anyone have any tips as to what I might be able to do, to see where I
might be going wrong (or maybe can see what I've done wrong in the manifest)?

Regards,
Julius.