Yes, I'm using it.

I deployed it to one of my less-used apps first, and remarkably have
had NO complaints. So I'm in the process of rolling it out to my front-
line apps now.

As for best-practices, I'd refer to the most recent dev blog posting
on the subject:
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/09/securing-android-lvl-applications.html

I'm using the ServerManagedPolicy myself. I integrated it into my own
source tree (rather than using it as an external library), but that
was my own preference. I've also tweaked some of the internals to
defeat automated cracking, a la point 2 in the blog post above. I'm
not using obfuscation currently; I couldn't get ProGuard to work
without devoting more time than I have to spare, and from what I've
read, that's not much of an impediment anyway.

String