Not sure what you want to do here. Without the accelerometer the system
wouldn't recognize that the screen has rotated. You (the user) can disable
orientation change in the settings but then no app would ever know the
orientation has changed.

Now, the app can trap the orientation change and decide to do nothing about,
or set a timer and ignore successive notifications to overcome sensitivity
etc.