I hope you have 2 Ghz cpu, and not Mhz :P hehe

Anyway, to the OP, if you have a large project then the "Build
Automatically" feature of Eclipse might be quite frustrating sometimes
(since every time you save a file, the project is compiled). You might try
disabling it (by selecting "Project" --> "Build Automatically"). Then you
can build your project manually.

Hope it helps,
Yuvi

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:04 PM, DanH <danhi...@ieee.org> wrote:

> Runs pretty well out of the box on my laptop -- 2MHz dual CPU with 4G
> RAM, running Vista.  Not lightning fast, mind you, but certainly not
> painfully slow (though emulator startup the very first time can be
> benchmarked with a calendar).  I'm guessing that having enough RAM is
> important.
>
> On Sep 19, 6:07 am, Neilz <neilhorn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all. I'm sure like many of you, I use Eclipse for my development.
> >
> > The problem with it is, I find it incredibly memory hungry... it often
> > takes ages to load up, when I save a file it hangs for a while (saying
> > "Building workspace" in the bottom right hand corner), and is just
> > generally slow.
> >
> > I wondered if anyone had any tips for streamlining it for Android. I
> > don't use it for anything else (if necessary, I will install a
> > separate instance for general Java stuff) so I can't help thinking
> > there are lots of modules and stuff I could get rid of which may help
> > it run more smoothly.
> >
> > Anyone have some tips on this?

YuviDroid
Check out Launch-X <http://android.yuvalsharon.net/launchx.php> (a widget to
quickly access your favorite apps and contacts!)
http://android.yuvalsharon.net