Mark--

Thank you ++++ for the MOTODEV tip; I had no idea the site existed.  To much
dismay however I was not able to reproduce my issue using the Droid X
emulator add-on; and I'm embarassed to say that the issue appears related to
my use of the un-documented "CropImage" intent action (which you warned me
about in the past .. i know i know, you told me so :-)).

I'll go ahead and explain my problem anyway just in case there's another
solution other than cloning the CropImage class (I'm actually still trying
to accomplish this, but am running into issues building the Camera package
with the Android source).  To summarize the problem:  After passing image
data to the CropImage activity and cropping the image, the phone's
_WALLPAPER_ changes to the cropped image instead of my application's views!
Is it possible the Droid X OS on the phone has a alternate implementation of
CropImage that could be causing this behavior?

-PT