Well, if you Google for "pandora froyo" you get a ton of pages with
people having this problem (at least I believe it to be the same).
One particularly insightful link is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737111
where they show you can fix the problem by reverting to the old
OpenCore engine instead of the new StageFright media engine used in
2.2.  This can only be done on rooted phones however...

There is alos this article:
http://www.androidcentral.com/sirius-xm-app-updated-fix-froyo-bug
- Apparently sirius app had this problem and fixed it somehow.
Probably by changing the format to a lower bitrate on their server or
something which is not available to me in my emusic app.

I wish someone from the Android team would comment here and let us
know what the appropriate route to take is.  Is there a workaround we
can implement now? Is an updated froyo release on the way for affected
devices?