Is there any way you to determine the pixel value where a scroll view
stops on a fling. It's easy enough to find when the user is scrolling
the view with a touch but I see no way to determine the end point of a
fling. The only solution I could come up with is to use a gesture
detector to catch a fling and then calculate where it would stop based
on the velocity, is that the best way?

I'm trying to create a view that will indicate to the user when there
is more to scroll to, and then have the indicator vanish when the
scroll view is at the beginning or end.