Just as a follow up to my previous email, and with a little more clarity now that I am fully awake....

I think the moral of the story is "Don't be an idiot and update the Android tools with your project open" ;).

I'm fairly sure this is exactly what happened: When the Android SDK/DDMS was uninstalled, the path to them was not, so they now showed up as just normal included libraries. When the SDK/DDMS was reinstalled, it didn't add the path to my project because it was already there, or probably it never does because that is done when the project is created. When I first tried to build the project after the update, it did build because the maps.jar and android.jar were in the project, but I didn't have any of the tools and couldn't use DDMS because Eclipse didn't recognize them as Android.

In my case, I then added the maps.jar and android.jar back in the proper place, but because they were already a referenced library, I got the error about including core classes. In the case of the people on the other thread, they just have the two .jar files in the wrong section, so they can build but the Android tools aren't being recognized.

Sincerely,

Brad Gies
Bistro Bot - Bistro Blurb
http://bgies.com
http://bistroblurb.com
http://ihottonight.com
http://forcethetruth.com

Everything in moderation, including abstinence

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead